Work from home jobs in the Philippines is on the rise. It is especially true in the IT sector. Due to physical distancing restrictions brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, companies are now adopting work-from-home arrangements. Learn more about this practice and the job opportunities that await you.
Business around the world continues to be affected by the pandemic. Industries in the Philippines are no different. According to a Willis Towers Watson (WLTW) survey, work from home jobs in the Philippines will continue to be the trend for the next couple of years.
More companies are considering remote work and other flexible arrangements. The restrictions of the pandemic resulted in adapting these work arrangements and allowed organizations to keep their productivity. Hence, the changes in labor practices caused the rise of opportunities for flexible jobs.
But, did these changes affect the IT industry in the country? Let’s find out.
The State of IT Industry in the Philippines
As one of the top BPO countries, the Philippines has a growing Information Technology (IT) sector. However, the country’s IT and BPO industry was still hit hard by the pandemic. Thus, the IT sector slowed down in early 2020 as business plans and investments were interrupted by COVID-19.
But, despite those setbacks, experts believe 2021 will be the year when IT, BPO, and other shared services will start to recover. This is because the industry is now better equipped to deal with the COVID-19 health restrictions through:
- Implementation of better health protocols in workplaces
- Availability of protective equipment for employees
- More knowledge on how to protect employees
- Adoption of flexible working arrangements
- Recalibration of business goals and growths
With that said, the outlook for the industry for 2021 and the following years have become promising again. These changes in workplace practices also caused the rise of opportunities for work from jobs in the Philippines.
IT Work from Home Jobs in the Philippines
As stated earlier, the Philippines is one of the major hubs for Business Process Outsourcing globally. Whether it be providing software development services or in-house IT services, organizations in this sector are looking to hire more specialists.
These organizations are one of the first to adopt flexible and work-from-home job arrangements in the Philippines. In addition, most of them are looking to increase their workforces.
One of these companies is Full Scale, a fast-growing Cebu-based software service provider. Plus, the company is looking to hire personnel for the following positions:
1. Frontend Developers
Frontend developers are responsible for the client-facing side of software development. Moreover, they are involved in the User Interface (UI) of web applications. Accordingly, these developers focus on making websites visually pleasing and functioning as intended. The following are their additional responsibilities:
- Planning and implementing website design
- Making sure that all elements are functional and interactive
- Developing cross-platform and device websites
- Optimizing websites with scalable and flexible designs
Given these responsibilities, frontend developers should have the following skills:
- Expertise in graphic design tools
- Creativity with excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable of SEO and scalability principles
Average salary: PHP 52,500 per month
2. Backend Developers
On the other hand, backend developers are responsible for what is happening behind the scenes. Therefore, they are in charge of creating codes and improving the server-side applications and databases. Furthermore, their responsibilities include:
- Coding and debugging
- Defining and communicating design and technical specifications
- Developing reusable codes
- Creating functional web applications
- Staying up to date with the latest software technologies
- Collaborating with developers, designers, and other specialists
Additionally, the following are the qualifications for backend developers:
- Understanding of web development
- Expertise with at least one or more of the following languages: PHP, .NET, Ruby, Python, C#, and more
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player and great communication skills
Average salary: PHP 52,500
3. Full Stack Developers
An expert of both frontend and backend development, full stack developers’ responsibilities include:
- Developing website architecture
- Designing interactive websites and applications
- Creating databases and programs for functionality
- Working on cross-platform and device optimization
- Developing APIs
- Ensuring that both technical and user requirements are met
IT recruiters are looking for Full Stack developers that have the following skills:
- Highly organized
- Experience in project management
- Mastery in both frontend and backend programming languages
- Expertise in different frameworks (Angular JS, React, etc.)
- Knowledge of database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Attention to detail, creativity, and problem-solving skills
Average salary: PHP 35,000
4. Android Developers
These developers develop applications for Android OS devices. Correspondingly, they are in charge of:
- Translating wireframes and designs for Android devices
- Planning, developing, and maintaining reusable and reliable Java codes
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Being up to date with the latest Android technologies, trends, and more
The following are qualifications needed for Android Developers:
- Mastery of Android development techs (Kotlin, Android SDK, Android NDK, etc.)
- Experience in publishing applications in the Google Play store
- Familiarity with integrating RESTful APIs with Android applications
- Expertise in code versioning tools
Average salary: PHP 30,000
5. iOS Developers
They are developers who specialize in developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple iOS. Additionally, they are responsible for:
- Designing and developing applications features for the iOS platform
- Working with teams to create iOS native apps
- Collaborating with project management to conceptualize and develop process
Further, requirements for iOS Developers are:
- Experience with iOS development
- Expertise with Swift and Objective-C
- Knowledgeable in Mac OS platform
Average salary: PHP 52,500
Quality Assurance specialists focus on testing software and procedures. In addition, they are in charge of:
- Designing and developing test plans, scenarios, test cases, etc.
- Creating technical documentation for software issues and bug tracking
- Reporting errors and bugs for corrections
- Identifying and analyzing problems involving program function of output
Furthermore, qualifications for the position include:
- Experience in application development with a focus on quality testing
- Expertise in using QA tools
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of QA methodologies, processes, and scripting
Average salary: PHP 36,250
The company is offering full-time positions in a work-from-home arrangement. Do you think you are qualified? You are welcome to apply, whether you are in Luzon, Mindanao, or the Visayas.
Job Seeker Tips
The IT or software development industry is a highly competitive field. Therefore, to stand out against your competition, make sure to prepare a comprehensive CV. Having ample experience, whether an internship or full-time job, for the position you are applying for, will also help.
Lastly, make sure to check the requirements required for the job. Are you qualified for it? Do you know the tech stacks necessary to work in that field? How about your knowledge of different programming languages? Make sure to highlight these during your interviews.
Why Join Full Scale?
One of the common characteristics of top developers is that they never stop learning. Do you want to work with the latest software technologies and expand your expertise? How about doing these while getting top pay and benefits? If so, Full Scale is offering great work-from-home IT jobs in the Philippines.
Aside from providing you with a great working and learning arrangement, we also always match you with projects that maximize your strengths. We provide bespoke training materials and sessions to help you improve your skillset. In addition, it is always our aim to help you become the best in your field.
Full Scale is an outsourcing company that provides various software development and business solutions. Further, we specialize in helping organizations scale up their businesses through project management, recruitment, and more. Finally, our goal is to connect clients with the personnel that fits their projects.